Monday, December 22, 2008

Back in Florida

So here I am back in Sunny Florida (wait I never left, but that's beside the point). Since I started this blog at the end of my time in Ft. Myers, I thought I would give a little overview of my time there. It was life-changing and I have never had a clearer understanding of God's will for my life.

There were 18 other people in the COAT experience with me, all from different walks of life, but all very loving and caring people. I felt privileged that they shared their heart with me and it was an honor for me to share my heart with them. I grew to love and cherish these people and their friendships. I'll blog another time about some experiences with them.

I also learned more about myself and who God views me as. I'll be honest and say that I came from a very dark place when I started COAT, but now I am in such a better place. I have received and given love that has healed me and made me more whole in God. I also realized the full meaning of my call in God. It wasn't that I was leaving youth ministry when I decided to devote my life to mission, but that I was going to help take youth ministry to the youth who do not have it overseas. It was an amazing revelation and I stood in awe of how God had led me to this point in my journey.

There is so much more I can talk about, but I'll save it for another time since I am about to meet my mom and nephews for lunch. Ahh Chick-Fil-A. . .How I love your chicken.

Until next time. . .

1 comment:

  1. Josh...I am so excited for the adventures God has in store for you! Thanks for sharing your heart with us...I wouldn't trade my time at COAT for anything...it was truly an honor to have a brother there with me =)

    ReplyDelete