Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Whacky Computer

So my computer has been on the fritz for the last week or two, so my ability to be online has been minimal at best. This has not been a entirely bad thing. I have read more (hoping that continues even though my comp. is better), I have been able to access all my docs and calendar, so I have been able to set up meetings for support raising. So maybe not having constant internet access is a good thing after all, even though I am glad to have my computer back up and running. In light of that, I thought I would put some of the random thoughts that have gone through my head this past week.

-God has blessed me so much since I started support raising. I have had some great conversations that have been encouraging and have allowed me to expand my network. I really don't know what I did to deserve God's favor, but I hope and pray that it continues. Even if it doesn't. . .God is good. :)

-I am starting to understand that the abolition of war is not some crazy idea that nice to think about but can never happen. I believe it can and will happen. It has to begin with me though, and I constantly have to choose peace over war and nonviolence over violence everyday or else it will not work. Call me crazy, but I think it can happen.

-Willis McGahee has the worst luck when it comes to championship games. Seriously, the guy breaks his legs during the BCS championship game in 2002. He tore his ACL, PCL and MCL in his left knee. It was so bad that people thought he would never play football again, but he did. Then this past Sunday, during the AFC championship game, he gets hit so hard that he is knocked unconscious and has to be carted off the field. It turns out that it looks like he is going to be fine. This guy must have nine lives or something.

-The Arizona Cardinals are in the Super Bowl. Wow. Here's hoping they win.


Until next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment